Wednesday, 17 May 2017

Quotes From My Teenage Diaries: Part 5: MEATLOAF


It's November 1993, I'm 12 years old and it seems I'm keen to use some free space in my diary to write out the lyrics of my favourite song: I would Do Anything For Love by Meatloaf.



In the pre-internet world there was only one way to do this, and it involved recording the song off of the radio onto cassette then making very good use of the play / pause button until you have all of the words written down for your own personal (singing along) reasons. 
But... I'm not sure I did that with this song - because of the bit where I confess, "I don't know the rest of this part, da de da da". Also I've called it "Words I *Know* To Meatloaf". 



So I must have been writing the words out from memory! No - from HEART. Which explains why I still know them all today - just a few months ago I heard this song for the first time in ages and some primal urge kicked in where I pretty much performed the song from start to finish (both male and female parts) with all the drama and flourishes required. 
I did totally love this song. And you know what - I still do. 
(Rides off on motorbike, hair and very loose white frilly blouse flowing behind me.)


(Or "tek off" on motorbike - the Yorkshire way to say it)


-----------------------------------------------------

Quotes From My Teenage Diaries is an ongoing project as I re-read and reflect 
on the diaries I kept from the age of 11 to 16. 

You can read Part 1: BEST FRIENDS here
Part 2: CONGRATULATIONS here
Part 3: MY FIRST BOYFRIEND here,
and Part 4: MY SOUL AMBITION here.

There's a Facebook page too and soon - I hope - there will be a podcast. 
If you enjoyed this or can relate in any way - please do leave a comment or say hi on Facebook - it'd be lovely to hear from you.

No comments: